Yet another big milestone.
In honor of 18 months, here are 18 fun things about Kenley.
1. Kenley loves washing her hands. She asks for soap in the bath and just lathers it in her hands.
She is also very good at pretend washing her hands in her little kitchen sink.
2. She can identify Mickey & Minnie Mouse and Goofy on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Donald & Daisy Duck are still “quack” and Pluto is “dog”.
3. She is really into babies right now. She opens her book to the page with a baby and will
kiss it repeatedly. She’ll hug, pat, and put her dolls night-night. Her teachers say she does the same at school.
*I was stopped at a very long stoplight while I was taking this video.
4. Likewise, she loves looking at pictures on my phone of “baby” (which is really her).
As soon as she sees my phone, she immediately says “picture, picture”.
If you ask her who the baby is, she’ll say Kenley,
but I think that’s only because we’ve told her so many times that it’s her.
5. She loves Publix & free cookies. So much so that now whenever she is placed in a shopping cart,
no matter what store it is, she starts saying “cookie, cookie, cookie” x 5.
She had a couple customers at Hobby Lobby laughing last weekend.
6. She is eating so so so well right now. She loves broccoli, both talking about it and eating it.
7. She is constantly talking about her friends, both at school and outside of school.
8. She’s scared of the garage door closing and the vacuum.
9. Her most favorite word right now is “no”. We’re back in the “no no no” phase.
10. She loves to take the garbage and put it in the trash can.
The first time she did it, Greg & I were in shock. She picked up a Cheerio off the floor,
walked right over, opened the pantry door, popped the lid to the trash, and threw it away.
She says “garbage” very well.
11. If we have a couple extra minutes in the morning when I drop Kenley off at school (I drop off, Greg picks up),
I will let her walk in, rather than me carrying her.
Now when we pull up, she says “walkie, walkie” and practically sprints to her classroom
when we get in the door, saying “hi” and “morning” to everyone.
12. She’s starting to say “I love you.”
13. She loves shoes… much like her mama…and her grandma…and her great-grandma. She gets it honest.
Just yesterday, she threw a royal fit when I went to put on her shoes only because she wanted to wear another pair.
14. She is in almost all 2T clothes, with just a couple lingering 18mo outfits, and in size 5 shoes.
15. She loves to “clean up” her bath toys… but she won’t even think about cleaning up the toys in the playroom.
16. She sings the ABC’s (somewhat in order) and counts to ten (not really in order at all). The other day we had the news on the TV, as most of us have, and she pointed to the scrolling news bar on the bottom of the TV saying… “A” “B” etc. Too funny.
17. She knows the difference between open and closed; and up and down.
18. She weighs 26 pounds 4 ounces and is 32.5 inches tall.
Happy half birthday Kenley Dee!